The development of vertical roller mills in the cement industry
Compared with cement ball mills, vertical roller mills in the cement industry have the following advantages: simple process, good adaptability to raw materials, easy maintenance, environmentally friendly, etc.
Raw material and coal are primarily ground by vertical roller mills. And many cement grinding plants also use vertical roller mills.
Features of vertical roller mill grinding process
Compared with ball mill grinding system
1. Integrate the processes of grinding, drying, and separating. There is no need to set up a separate powder separator, so the system process is simple. Small footprint, saving infrastructure investment.
2. Use hot exhaust gas to dry the material during the grinding process to save energy;
3. The unit grinding power consumption is reduced by 35-40%, and the unit metal abrasion is only 1/10~1/20 of ball milling;
4. Strong adaptability, can grind brittle materials with high moisture and various hardness;
5. To meet the needs of large-scale: Throughput: 3000-4000tph
Compared with the high-pressure roller grinding system:
1.Grinding, drying and grading are completed at the same time. There is no need to set up a separate powder separator, so the system process is simple. Small footprint, saving infrastructure investment;
2.It belongs to the principle of material layer grinding, and the electricity consumption per unit of grinding is equivalent;
3.Vertical mill can grind brittle materials with high moisture and various hardness;
4.Adapt to large-scale needs: throughput: 3000~4000tph;
5.The individual parts are small, and the maintenance and transportation are convenient.
Summary: A large number of vertical mill final grinding production lines have been put into operation at home and abroad, and there has been a consensus on vertical mill cement grinding. The new practice has proved that the sphericity of the vertical mill cement is better; the vertical mill can achieve ultra-fine grinding, breaking the limitation of the general fineness of the traditional vertical mill.